KODIAK COMMERCIAL SERVICES
1621 Mill Bay Road
Kodiak, AK 99615
(907) 486-5308 - Office
(907) 486-2300 - FAX
Alaska Waste is the leading provider of commercial waste collection in Kodiak. Offering a diverse range of services and many different types and sizes of commercial waste containers, Alaska Waste is equipped to handle all of your commercial waste collection needs.
From small, do-it-yourself projects to large industrial projects, Alaska Waste also provides yard-debris collections, emergency clean-up situations, and construction site clean-up services. Whether you are in need of a small front load container for your weekend project or you are looking for a commercial roll off container, contact Alaska Waste for all of your Kodiak commercial waste service needs.
Commercial Front Load Services
Alaska Waste is pleased to provide commercial front load waste services to small businesses, residential housing units, and restaurants in and around Kodiak. Commercial waste collection customers in this region can choose from a range of front load containers varying in size from 2.6 cubic yard to 5.5 cubic yard capacities.
- 2.6 Cubic Yards – Our 3.0 cubic yard front load container offers a commercial waste collection solution that is ideal for small businesses, duplexes, and fourplex buildings.
- 3.6 – 5.0 Cubic Yards – Well suited to meet the commercial waste needs of medium-sized businesses and office buildings, our 3.6 cubic yard and 5.0 cubic yard front load containers also work well for home remodel projects and smaller construction projects.
- 5.5 cubic yards – For large businesses, restaurants, multi-unit apartment buildings, and condominiums, our 5.5 cubic yard dumpster provides additional space for your commercial waste collection needs.
Commercial Hook lift and Roll-off Services:
At Alaska Waste, our commercial hook lift and roll off services provide commercial waste collection solutions for do it yourselfer’s, homebuilders, and commercial contractors Kodiak and the surrounding area. Our hook lift and roll off service containers are available in 10, 12, and 15 cubic yard dimensions to provide commercial waste solutions for even the largest projects.
- 10-12 cubic yard commercial hook lift containers – These commercial hook lift containers work well for home remodeling projects, roofing projects, and small construction sites.
- 12-15 cubic yard commercial roll off containers – Our 12 and 15 cubic yard roll off containers provides the additional space that may be needed to accommodate the commercial waste collection needs of retail shopping centers, commercial warehouses, and larger construction sites.
Commercial Compactor Services:
At Alaska Waste, we offer commercial compactors to meet the commercial waste collection and recycling needs of large businesses around the Kodiak borough. Our commercial waste compactors range in size from 15 to 37 cubic yards in order to accommodate all of your commercial waste collection needs and are designed with grocery stores, wholesale businesses, and multi-level housing complexes in mind.
TIPS FOR NEW COMMERCIAL CUSTOMERS
The list below highlights items prohibited by the Kodiak Borough through regular commercial waste collection. A complete list, including disposal options, can be viewed at http://www.kodiakak.us/index.asp?nid=112 which details the necessary handling for each item, or the Kodiak Borough Landfill can be reached at 486-9345.
- Hazardous Waste
- Medical Waste
- Liquid Waste
- Chemical products
- Paints, Thinners and Removers
- Herbicides and Pesticides
- Oil filters (unless drained for 24 hours)
- Oil rags or any type of oily waste
- Refrigerators or Freezers
- Fluorescent tubes are considered hazardous as they often contain mercury. Proper disposal procedures vary depending on quantity, contact SWS for options.
- Tires exceeding a quantity of 10 must be taken directly to the landfill for disposal. All tires must be removed from the rims.
- Industrial Process Waste (except for roll offs, contact Alaska Waste Customer Service at 563-3717 for more information)
- Radioactive materials, naturally occurring (NORM)
- Dirt and Rocks
- To avoid spillage, and/or additional charges, please make sure lids are closed and all contents are within the dimension of the commercial waste containers. Commercial Waste should not be stacked above the top of the container or left outside of the container.
- Please ensure that your container is free from parked vehicles or other objects in front and around the container. This will allow us to provide service on your scheduled service day and help avoid potential accidents.