Juneau Residential Services
Trash & Recycling Collection
Alaska Waste offers weekly residential trash collection service. Customers may choose between 48 or 96 gallon roll cart for trash service. Additional trash may be scheduled for collection at an additional rate.
Residential Recycling - Biweekly
Alaska Waste offers residential recycling every other week.
- Customers receive a 96 or 48 gallon recycling cart.
- On collection day place cart at curb by 6AM.
- Place recycling cart within 5 feet of the curb.
- Place recycling cart 3 feet away from mailboxes, cars, etc.
- Plastic bags are not allowed in the cart.
- Please do not bag or box recyclables.
- Only place acceptable recycling items in cart.
Acceptable Items for Recycling Cart
- Clean paper and cardboard
- Cardboard, flattened (limit 2x3 feet)
- Catalogs, phone books, paperback books
- Mail (window envelopes ok)
- Newspapers, inserts, magazines
- Paper bags and food boxes
- Clean paper food containers
- Clean paper cups, milk & juice boxes
- Frozen food boxes (rinse clean)
- No caps or lids, no food waste
- Clean metal
- Aluminum and tin cans
- Please empty and rinse cans
- Clean plastic containers
- Plastic bottles, jars, jugs and tubs
- Plastics #1 through #7
- No caps or lids
- No plastic bags