Kodiak Residential Services
Alaska Waste serves the residents of Kodiak with reliable garbage collection services. Alaska Waste supplies customers with roll carts to keep waste secure and contained.
Alaska Waste offers:
- Convenient roll carts
- Competitive rates
- Five bill pay options
- Great customer service
- Customers receive cart. 64 or 96 gallon
- On collection day place cart at curb by 6AM.
- Do not put unacceptable items out for collection.
- Remove cart from the road by end of the day.
The Kodiak Island Borough has published two helpful guides:
- A Residents' Guide to Managing Waste on Kodiak Island
- Spruce Up Kodiak! Guide to Reduce, Reuse & Recycle in Kodiak
Please read through these guidelines and contact us if you have any questions.
- Residential service is billed quarterly in advance.
- Extra refuse is billed on the invoice after service has been provided.
- Click the Pay Your Bill button to view invoices and payment options.
- Please notify us when you have a change in address, phone number or service needs.
- Trash roll carts sizes: 64 or 96 gallon.
- Only place acceptable items out for trash collection.
- Due to safety, roll carts cannot exceed 150 pounds.
- Do not place rocks, dirt, hazardous waste or ashes (hot or cold) in any Alaska Waste container.
- Glass must be labeled and double wrapped (preferably with paper and plastic bags) when placed at the curbside as extra refuse.
- Any animal or fish waste must be securely double-bagged. A maximum quantity of ten pounds will be accepted in any one container per week.
- Carts with the lid not completely closed may be subject to additional refuse charges.
- Non-roll cart containers must not exceed 32 gallons or 50 pounds.
- Odd sized trash must be contained or bundled and measure less than 4 feet in length or width or height.
- Each additional bag or box set beside the cart must not weigh more than 50 pounds. These are subject to an extra charge.
- Large items (any item that doesn't fit in the cart like couches, desks, etc.) can be scheduled for pickup. Two business days before your normal pickup date, please contact your Alaska Waste office to discuss the item(s) you want picked up and to learn the special pickup details. Special pickup charges will vary depending on the item(s).
Pick-Up Times and Placement
- Roll cart lids must be closed, place carts so handles face your house.
- Roll carts must be placed at the curb by 6AM on the scheduled collection day.
- Roll carts placed for service must be 3 feet from all objects or obstacles including other roll carts.
- If your house number is not clearly visible from the road, label the cart(s) with your street address.
- Place cart at least 5 feet from the drivable roadway on the day of service, unobstructed by vehicles and other obstacles such as ditches or snow piles. Avoid placing carts where they interfere with postal collection.
How to Cancel Service
- To cancel service, please contact your local Alaska Waste office at least 1 week prior to the desired last day of service.
- Set cart out on the date agreed to during cancellation process.
Service Suspended for Non-Payment
- Service will be suspended or discontinued due to non-payment.
- Alaska Waste is not licensed to haul hazardous waste.
- Residents are responsible for the items they place out for Alaska Waste collection.
- Please read Disposal Guidelines published by Alaska Division of Environmental Health - Solid Waste Program.
- Please contact your local Alaska Waste office if you are not sure if an item is acceptable for collection by Alaska Waste.